Sunday, April 1, 2007

immigration waves

I have been to Europe 4 times now in the past 4 years (I am very lucky). I have noticed the waves of immigrants comming in. Last time I came to Barcelona, people told me to watch out for Gypies and Africans selling illegal things. This time, I noticed that there are many pakistanis illegally selling cheap beer (cerversas) on the street. While there has always been the normal immgation waves and beggers are still single Muslim women, it has become very very apparent. The Muslims are comming, and they are invading Europe by force and in large numbers.

Let's take another example. This summer, I travled to Rome and Paris. In Rome, in all of the major tourist destinations, there were, as always, blacks selling knock-offs. The very first time I went to Rome in 2004 there were also blacks selling knockoffs, but they also sold various trinkets. (trinkets in Rome varied anywhere from stupid toys with bells of whisltes to light-up toys to roses for women.) This time, it seems as if the Pakis have taken over the trinket business, while the blacks still sustain the knock-off business.
This goes for Paris as well. Years back, when I went in the winter of 2003 and the summer of 2004, under the Effiel Tower, there were blacks selling various trinkets. Now, it is all Paskistanies.

This leads me to ask: What is going on? What is cauisng such a large "immigrant" wave from this Musilm Country. And where are all of thier women? I have seen all of hte Pakistani men, but where are thier women?

In Rome, we attempted to ask one of the street vendors how he got to Rome. We attempted to ask if he came thru a company, but he didn't understand us. We also learned that he was from Calculatta, India, and not Pakistan like majority of the other street vendors. In addition, his reason for leaving India was because "it is very dangerous. they kill me if I go back. Street gangs" Now, all me nieve, but I have never heard of such dangerous situations in India. In fact, I thoguht that India and Pakistan were realtivity safe, nice nations, but with a large economic gap. Thefore, teh rich have very good opporutnites to be very well educated.

in the meantime, cna someone else give me a good reason why this is happening?

No comments: