Monday, March 5, 2007

European Street Food-part 1.

The amount of street food in Europe is immaculate. In the states, the cheapest thing we can get is from our local fast food joint with the $1 specials. In Europe, eating at fast food chain we would find here would be more expensive then buying some groveling treats from the street. Here are is some scrumptious food that you can get from off the street! [side note: it is intresting that the Europeans aren't fat from all of this stuff..but then again, maybe it's because I'm an indulgent and eager tourist waiting to soak up everything every place had to offer. Basically, I think my travel buddy and I ate ourselves silly.]

Amsterdam, The Netherlands:















Vlaamse frites are actually just very scrumptious fries with mayo. no joke.
















They are soo big on pastries in Europe. Cream-filled pastries to fit anyone's tastes!















A dutch favorite: Smoked fish..most likely sardines or Marcel with onions. it was good, but very fishy. I can honestly say that this fish was prepared in a way in which I have ever eaten fish. However, this would not be the way I would perfer to eat fish.

Brussels, Belgium:















Nothing rings more famous in Belgium than a Belgium Waffle. There are different varies: caramel dipped, chocolate dipped, and plain. It also comes with a immaculate number of toppings: ice cream, chocolate, strawberries, syrup, powered sugar, bananas..the possibilities are endless. They do live up to their standard. I can honestly say that my travel partner and I consumed many of them in our brief duration in the city center, with each one just as satisfying as the next one.

Budpest, Hungry
















In Eastern Europe, if you want a sandwich, you're going to have to settle for something bite-sized. These sandwitches are covered with anything possible: tomato paste, to cream cheese, olives, cucmbers, you name it. Sandwiches are one of my favoriate food groups, and well, these little sandwitches are great becuase you can buy so many and have a good variety.

Zagarab, Cortia:















I know that this is not exctally the run of the mill street food, but I put it here because a) you get it on the street, and b)it was d'lish. Having to treeked all the way thru europe with the minium fruit intake i have ever had in my life, i was glad to find that the open air markets are always open i europe, I'm also glad that the quality of the fruit was just soo darn good. don't they look delicious?

Athens, Greece















if you could auctaly see the picture, you would see how amazing this is. An authentic Gryos full of chicken, veggies, onions and yogart sauce. It's really a delicous mouthful. Being in Greece was like going to Daphnie's everyday, except the guy making it was auctally GREEK. oh yeah, and it tasted 10x better. Even the vegetarian ones were awesome, and I enjoyed how they did scam you out of any meat or veggies--because i love both parts equally. not to mention that the bread was nicely toasted.


I'm going to now save the rest of the foods for later..until next time!

No comments: